International Money Transfer Service in Post Offices in association with MoneyGram
The Department of Posts has entered into an International Cooperation Agreement
with MoneyGram Payment Systems, Inc., USA to offer to the general public the MoneyGram
International Money Transfer Service through selected Post Offices in India. This
service has been launched on 29th September 2011 by Shri Kapil Sibal, Hon’ble Minister
of Human Resource Development, Communications & IT in the presence of Shri Sachin
Pilot, Hon’ble Minister of State for Communications & IT.
1. The MoneyGram International Money Transfer Service is a fast, simple and convenient
method to transfer money from one place to another.
2. In India, a person can only receive money from abroad through this service.
3. This service operates as per the guidelines of the Reserve Bank of India.
4. Only personal remittances such as remittances towards family maintenance and
remittances favouring foreign tourists visiting India are permissible under this
5. Trade related remittances, remittances towards purchase of property, investments
or credit to NRE Accounts, etc. or donations/contributions to charitable organizations
are not (NOT) permitted to be routed through this service.
6. A single remittance under this service should not exceed USD 2500 or its equivalent.
7. Not more than 30 remittances are allowed to be received by a single individual
beneficiary through this service in a calendar year.
8. Payments to the beneficiaries in India should be made in Indian Rupees at ongoing
9. All payments exceeding Rs.50,000 should be paid only by Cheque or by direct credit
in the account of the recipient.
10. All KYC/AML/CFT norms/rules/regulations/instructions, as mentioned in Reserve
Bank of India Master Circular No. 14/2011-12 dated 01 July 2011, as amended from
time to time, and all the requirements under the provisions of the Prevention of
Money Laundering Act, 2002 and the rules, regulations made there-under, are applicable
to the remittances received under this service.
11. Departmental IMTS Customer Service Centre is functioning in Dak Bhawan, New
Delhi. It can be contacted on Phone No. 011-23096114 and on email id
For Details about agents in sending points
Asstt. Director General (IMTS & MO), Customer Service Center, Dak Bhavan,
Sansad Marg New Delhi - 110 116
Ph - 91-11-23096108
email – email@example.com