India Post Online Tracking facility
India Post’s online tracking allows you to access tracking information and confirm the delivery of your item by using the tracking number assigned to you at the time of Booking. You can find the tracking number on the Postal receipt handed over to you at the Post office Counter at the time of booking.
- Speed post (Domestic EMS)
- International EMS
- Electronic Money Order (eMO)
- Registered Mail
- Express Parcel
- Electronic Value Payable Parcel (eVPP)
The tracking system is updated periodically to provide you with the most current information available about the location and status of your item. You'll be able to find out the following:
- When your item was booked
- When your item was dispatched and received at various locations during its Journey
- When your item was delivered, or:
- When a Delivery Intimation Notice was issued to notify the recipient that the item is available for delivery
How Can I Track?
- Enter the Postal Article Number In the Tracking number box
- Select the Go button to view your results.
Tracking Number Formats
| Category || Format || No. of digits |
| Speed Post (EMS) Domestic || EE123456789IN || 13 |
| International EMS Articles to be delivered in India || EE123456789XX || 13 |
| Electronic Money Order (eMO) || 000000000000000000 || 18 |
| Registered Mail || RX123456789IN || 13 |
| Express Parcel Post || XX000000000XX || 13 |
What if my tracking information is unavailable?
If you receive a message telling you that your tracking information is unavailable, it doesn't mean that your item hasn't been mailed.
- There may be a delay between scanning events and the availability of tracking information related to those scanning events.
- Depending on how recently your item was mailed, tracking information may not be immediately available (this is most likely to occur in rural locations, or when information is provided by foreign postal administrations).
We are happy to launch SMS tracking facility as an initiative to provide better service to our customers. Initially, the service is available for Speed Post and eMO (electronic money order).
The steps involved:
For Speed Post:
POST <space>TRACK<space>Speed Post number
MO<space>eMO PNR No
EMO<space>eMO PNR No
For example: if the Speed Post number is EE123456789IN; you need to send the message as: POST TRACK EE123456789IN
The service is case sensitive.
- The data will be retained up to 3 months from the date of booking for the purpose of SMS tracking.
- The service is available across all service providers in the country. Rates charged by the service provider are applicable.