- Account can be opened by cash only.
- Cheque facility can be taken in an existing account also.
- Nomination facility is available at the time of opening and also after opening of account.
- Account can be transferred from one post office to another.
- One account can be opened in one post office.
- Account can be opened in the name of minor and a minor of 10 years and above age can open and operate the account.
- Joint account can be opened by two or three adults.
- At least one transaction of deposit or withdrawal in three financial years is necessary to keep the account active.
- Single account can be converted into Joint and Vice Versa.
Minor after attaining majority has to apply for conversion of the account in his name.
Deposits and withdrawals can be done through any electronic mode in CBS Post offices.
*Inter Post office transactions can be done between CBS post offices.
* ATM/Debit Cards can be issued to Savings Account holders( having prescribed minimum balance on the day of issue of card) of CBS Post offices.