To provide secure transmission of customers articles. A record is kept at all stages the article passes through. Also the registered articles are transmitted , under special precautions.
Articles which can be Registered
|Articles which can be Registered||Registration is compulsory for the following|
- Letter Cards
- Book and pattern packets
- Blind literature packets
- Parcels and newspapers prepaid with postage at newspaper rates of postage may be registered at any Post Office
- Any parcel exceeding 4 kilograms in weight
- Any Insured article
- Any parcel addressed to a place for which a customs declaration is required.
- Any article containing the following stamps labels, Cheque, Hundi, bank note, bank post bill, bill-of-exchange
- Any article bearing the word “registered” on the cover
- Any registered article which is re-posted after having been delivered
- Any value-payable article
- An article intended for registration must be presented at the window of the post office. A receipt will be given to the person who presents an article for registration at the post office window during the hours prescribed for posting registered article
- No such article shall also be accepted for registration:
- Where it contains words to the effect that it has been, or is intended to be insured for any specific sum, or that is may contain valuable contents unless it is also to be insured,
- Where such words are scored out.
The compensation to be paid in respect of International Registered article booked in Post Offices in India in case of loss / total theft / total damage are as under:
- For loss / total theft / total damage - 30 SDR*
*at prevailing rates