Speed Post, the market leader in the domestic express industry, is providing time-bound and express delivery of letters and parcels weighing up to 35 kg between specified stations in India. In the past 28 years, it continues to be the market leader in the express industry with monthly volumes of almost 4 Crore articles.
Speed Post delivers 'Value for money' to everyone everywhere, delivering Speed Post up to 50 grams @ INR 35 across the country and local Speed Post up to 50 grams @ INR 15, excluding applicable Service Tax.
Speed post Network
Speed Post is booked in almost all the departmental Post Offices across the country and delivered in every nook and corner of the country.
Valuable consignments can be insured up to Rs. One lakh on payment of insurance charges.
24 hours booking facility:
24 hours booking facility is provided in selected Offices in some major cities.
Internet based Track and Trace system :
Speed Post provides on-line track and trace service that combines reliability, speed and customer friendly service. Using the thirteen-digit barcode that identifies Speed Post consignment, a web-based technology helps the customers track Speed Post consignments from booking to delivery.
SMS based Delivery status:
The Department of Posts will send FREE SMS when the article is delivered to the MOBILE NUMBER updated at the time of booking. Facility to track the status of Speed Post articles is also available. For Speed Post, send SMS - POST TRACK <13 digit article number> to 166 or to 51969 to know the status of Speed Post article.
Free Pick-up Facility:
With a view to provide convenience for the bulk customers, Speed Post provides collection from the premises of the customers through on-call collection and regular collection.
Book Now Pay Later Facility (BNPL):
Credit facilities are provided under Book Now Pay Later Scheme for corporate customers and regular users, under specific terms and conditions.
Volume Based Discount Facility :
For corporate Customers and for regular users, Speed Post also provides volume based discounts under specific terms and conditions.
Cash On Delivery:
Cash on delivery for e-commerce companies/online sellers is also available.
Speed Post information, Complaints and tracking problems
In case of any information /problem relating to Speed Post delivery or Speed Post tracking, kindly call your Speed Post station or send email and a professional team of customer service executives will assist you.
To be paid in respect of Domestic Speed Post articles
For delay - Speedpost charges
For loss of contents / loss of article / damage - Double of the Speed Post charges or INR. 1000 whichever is less.
To be paid in respect of International EMS articles
For delay - Difference between Speedpost and Registered Post charges
For loss of contents / loss of article / damage- 30 SDR
Opening of Speed Post Account
For corporate customers and regular users , Speed Post provides many value added services including pick-up from the premises, convenient monthly billings, account management facilities, assistance in import / export procedures of shipments, corporate tracking facilities, volume discounts etc. When you open a Speed Post account, you open the door to convenience and customized solutions, as per your requirements. As an account holder of Speed Post, you will have the assistance of a Marketing Executive in managing your accounts in all respects.
For business requirements, contact the Post Master General in your Postal Circle.
General Manager - Business Development & Marketing,
Department of Posts, Dak Bhawan New Delhi - 110 001
Domestic tariff structure of Speed Post
|Weight ||Local ||Up to 200 Kms. ||201 to 1000 Kms. ||1001 to 2000 Kms. ||Above 2000 Kms. |
|Up to 50 grams ||INR 15 ||INR 35 ||INR 35 ||INR 35 ||INR 35 |
|51 grams to 200 grams ||INR 25 ||INR 35 ||INR 40 ||INR 60 ||INR 70 |
|201 grams to 500 grams ||INR 30 ||INR 50 ||INR 60 ||INR 80 ||INR 90 |
|Additional 500 grams or part thereof ||INR 10 ||INR 15 ||INR 30 ||INR 40 ||INR 50 |
The above tariff will be exclusive of taxes. The taxes will have to be paid extra as notified by the Central Government from time to time.
Proof of Delivery charges for Speed Post articles shall be Rupees ten per Speed Post article in addition to Speed Post charge.
Discount rate for Speed Post/ Express Parcel
| Rs 2,000/- to 1,00,000/-|
Applicable when a retail customer renders articles having Speed Post charges Rs2,000/- or more with the same sender’s address, irrespective of number of bookings in a day.
All India Delivery (Transit) Norms for Speed Post (as on 2nd June 2014)
For 87 cities :
(specific norms on city-to-city basis as communicated vide OM no.
13-45/2008-D dated 10.12.2013) :
Specific norms on city-to-city basis as shown in delivery norms
Local : (for cities other than the 87 cities covered under revised norms) :
|(iii) Same state : (for cities other than the 87 cities and local mail covered under revised norms): ||
2 to 4 days|
Neighboring state : (for cities other than the 87 cities covered under revised norms) :
2 to 4 days
Rest of the country : (for cities other than the 87 cities covered under revised norms and not covered in neighboring state):
4 to 6 days
- The "Delivery" or "Transit" norms denote number of days taken from the date of booking to the date of delivery for a Speed Post article.
- The specific norms for 87 cities shown in the “DeliveryNorms.pdf” are applicable only within municipal limits of these cities. "Local" articles refer to the articles booked and to be delivered within the municipal limits of a city/town.
- They do not apply to the articles booked after the cut off time on a day (normally 3 or 4 pm for booking counters at post offices) and an extra day may be added in such cases.
- The delivery norms do not include Sundays and holidays.
- Delay occurring due to curfew, bandh or strike in a particular city may adversely affect delivery norms.
- Delay occurring due to cancellation of flights/trains/buses/other means of transport for carriage of mail or off-loading/non-carriage of mail by the carriers due to any reason is beyond the control of the Department, and therefore, the same may adversely affect delivery norms.
Directory of Delivery Post Offices on Speed Post Network
The Speed Post network in India consists of 315 National Speed Post Centers (NSPCs). Each National Speed Post Center has a number of Delivery Post Offices (PIN codes) attached with it through which the Speed Post articles meant for that NSPC city are delivered. In addition, there are 986 State Speed Post Centers spread across the country. Each state Speed Post Center (SSPC) is attached to a parent National Speed Post Center to which that SSPC consigns all its outward mail for further sorting and dispatch. Similarly, all Speed Post articles to be delivered through Delivery Post Offices attached with a state Speed Post Center are routed through its parent National Speed Post Center. The delivery of Speed Post articles at SSPC city is made through various Delivery Post Offices (PIN Codes) attached with that SSPC.
This Directory is a comprehensive index of each and every delivery post office (PIN Code) on the speed post network in India. The format of the directory is explained as under:
- The data in the directory is arranged circle-wise in alphabetical order.
- The First column list all the National Speed Post Centers in a circle in alphabetical order.
- The second column lists all the State Speed Post Centers attached with a National Speed Post Center, Circle-wise.
- The third column lists the names of all the delivery Post Offices attached with the National Speed Post centers directly or through State Speed Post Centers.
- The fourth column indicates the corresponding PIN code of the Delivery Post Office.
- For a Delivery Post Office listed in the third column (and its PIN code in the fourth Column), the name of its parent State Speed Post Center is listed in the second column and the name of its parent National Speed Post Center in the first column of the same row.
- For the Delivery Post Offices that are directly attached with a National Speed Post center, the corresponding second column (of SSPC) is left blank.
It is hoped that this directory brought out by Speed Post & Marketing Division of Business Development & Marketing Directorate, Department of Posts would be used as a reference book and would serve the purpose for which it has been put together.