(a) a declaration by the sender of the postal article that the lottery ticket, proposal, advertisement or other matter contained in it relates to a lottery organized or authorized by the Government, mentioning the particulars (number, date etc.) of the notification by the Government notifying the lottery or authorizing the lottery, and
(b) the name and the address of the sender.
3. All classes of articles of the letter mail of which the whole or a part of the address-side has been marked off into several divisions intended to receive successive addresses shall not be transmitted by post.
4. Dangerous goods*, narcotics & psychotropic substances, prohibited drugs & cosmetics items, items prohibited by / under IATA (International Air Transport Association), ICAO (International Civil Aviation Organization), Department of Wildlife and Drug & Cosmetics Act.
Note-*“Dangerous goods" means articles or substances which are capable of posing a risk to health, safety, property or environment.
5. Any explosive, inflammable, dangerous, filthy, noxious or deleterious substance, any sharp instrument not properly protected, or any living creature which is either noxious or likely to injure postal articles in course of transmission by post or any officer of the Post Office.
6. Coins, currency notes and bank notes
Exception: Director General Postal Services may, by order, allow transmission of currency notes/ bank notes/ coins for specific purposes.
Provided that they are in consonance with RBI guidelines & other Government of India Acts/Rules/Instructions/Regulations on the subject.
7. Battery and other articles whose transmission is prohibited by air, will only be send to the addressee through Surface mode only.
8. Any other item, by order, prohibited by Director General Postal Services, from time to time.
Prohibited articles information
|List of Prohibited Articles
|List of Countries
|Dangerous Goods Regulations
|List of Harmonized System codes of items sent frequently by Post
|List of Narcotic Drugs under International Control
|List of Psychotropic Substances under International Control