Overview of Book Now Pay Later (BNPL Scheme):
Bulk customer is eligible for credit facility provided he enters in to an agreement with the Department. Bulk customer is defined as anyone who provides Rs. 10,000 worth of speed post business in calendar month at a Speed Post booking office.
The bulk customer choosing to avail credit facility will
APPLY to designated authority in the prescribed format. The bulk customer will have to enter into an agreement with the designated authority. On getting approval, the customer shall have to produce Bank Guarantee. The contract will be applicable for a period of one year and approving authority shall renew the contract on an annual basis.
The BNPL bill will be prepared on a monthly basis (Calendar month) by the office of posting. The bill will be raised by 15th day of following month (bill date). The bulk customer shall pay the bill amount in full on or before 30 days from the date of issue of bill (due date).
In case the customer fails to make the payment by the due date, penalty at the rate of 10% per annum on the amount of the bill amount shall be imposed from the bill date. In case, the bulk customer chooses not to avail the credit facility and to make full payment at the time of Speed Post articles, he/she will be eligible for discount of the speed post business provided by him in a calendar month is Rs 50,000 and above or more.
In order to meet the requirement of bulk customers for collection of amount for costlier goods, Cash on Delivery facility is available which provides collection of amount up to Rs. 50,000/- at the time of delivery of consignments.
Why Use COD Facility ?
* Fast, Safe and economical solution of collection of amount of goods at the time of its delivery and its remittance to sender.
* Insurance of Cash on Delivery articles shall not be compulsory irrespective of amount of recovery from addressee.
* Amount, recovered from addressee on delivery of such article by post, shall be remitted to the sender through ePayment.
* Address Specific delivery i.e article can be delivered to any person at the address on realization of requisite amount.
Conditions for Availing COD facility
Customer is a contractual customer and has agreement with the Department for transmission Cash on Delivery articles.
- Amount specified for recovery from addressee in the case of any such postal article shall not exceed fifty thousand rupees (Rs. 50,000/-) and shall not include a fraction of rupee.
- Such articles do not contain coupons, tickets, certificates or introductions designed for the sale of goods on what is known as the Snowball System .
- In addition to postage, insurance fee wherever applicable, the sender of the postal article intended to be transmitted by post as Cash on Delivery article shall be required to pay the following additional fee on delivery of such postal article:
Additional Fee Charged for Availing COD facility
*The above fee shall be exclusive of taxes and the taxes, if applicable, have to be paid extra as notified by the Central Government from time to time.
| Amount to be recovered from addressee
||Schedule of fee
|Up to Rs.5,000/-
||2% of the amount recovered or Rs. 50/- whichever is more
||Rs. 100/- + 1% of amount exceeding Rs. 5,000/-
Open a Speed Post Account
For corporate customers and regular users, Speed Post provides customised solutions for your needs such as pick-up from the premises, convenient monthly billings, centralized billing under a single national account, account management, corporate tracking facilities, volume discounts etc.
Open an account now.
Contact Us :
For further details and business requirements, contact your Chief Postmaster General.
For PAN India services and other business matters, get in touch with
Business Development & Marketing Directorate
Department of Posts, Ministry of Communications,
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg,
New Delhi - 110 001
Tel: 91-11-2309 6040/ 23096028.
Toll free No. : 1800-11-8282
Discount for Corporate Customers
|INR 50,001/- to 5,00,000/-
|INR 5,00,001/- to 25,00,000/-
|INR 25,00,001/- to 100,00,000/-
|INR 100,00,001/- to 500,00,000/-
|Above INR 500,00,000/-
• 1% additional discount for contractual customers who either avail advance deposit facility or make payment at the time of booking. In case monthly revenue is more than Rs. 25 lac, the additional discount will be 2%.
• The additional discount would be offered provided the booking data is made available by the customer in electronic format. In case booking data is received only as a hard copy, the discount would be reduced by half.