This service is a dedicated ser vice for corporate and retail customers to provide economical and fast merchandise services.
International Air Parcel can be booked in all the Departmental Post offices across the country.
Internet based Track & Trace System
India Post provides online Track & Trace facility for Air Parcel.
Weight and Size Restrictions
The general maximum limit of weight for Air Parcel is 20 kgs which is subject to the maximum acceptable weight limit prescribed by the destination country, whichever is lower.
The maximum and minimum size of the Air Parcel is :
Maximum: The length should not exceed 1.05 metre. The sum of the length and the greatest circumference measured in a direction other than the length should not exceed 2 metre.
Minimum: A parcel should have a surface measuring not less than 90mmX 140mm.
*The maximum and minimum acceptable size of Air Parcel is subject to the maximum and minimum acceptable size prescribed by the destination country.
Compensation policy for International Parcel
The compensation to be paid in respect of International Parcels booked in Post Offices in India in case of loss / total theft / total damage are as under:
- For loss / total theft / total damage – Up to 40 SDR* per parcel plus 4.50 SDR* per kg or the value of contents, whichever is less, subject to an upper ceiling of 130 SDR* plus the postage paid
- For partial loss or partial damage or partial theft - compensation paid shall be limited to the value of lost or damaged content. In any case it shall not exceed the corresponding amounts mentioned for International Parcel in case of loss, total theft or total damage. Postage paid will not be refunded
* 1 SDR = INR 105.2438 ( For 2022)
Click here to know more on International Mails Addressing
Packaging Tips Customs Forms and Regula tions
The following items are not accepted under International Air Parcel:
- Anything which is sent in contravention of any enactment for the time being in force.
- Any indecent or obscene printing, painting, photograph, lithograph, engraving, book or card, or any other indecent or obscene articles.
- Any letter, postcard, newspaper, packet or parcel having on it or on the cover thereof, any words, marks or design of an indecent, obscene, seditious, scurrilous threatening, or grossly offensive nature.
- Any explosive, inflammable, dangerous, filthy, noxious or deleterious substance.
- Any Living creatures or other thing which is either noxious or likely to injure postal article in course of transmission by post or any officer.
- Tickets proposal or advertisement or any other matter relating to a lottery except to the lottery organized or authorized by Government.
Click here to know more on Prohibitions