For increase and decrease font size please press CTRL+,CTRL- respectively..
Please give your feedback on firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have registered under any of the following category, you need to sign-in as registered user
OSA (Outsourcing Agents)
You are here
Help & Support
Help & FAQs
Domestic Mail Booking
International Mail Booking
Electronic Money Order
Instant Money Order
International Money Order
Locate Post Office
Postal Life Insurance
Instant Money Order
1. What is Instant Money Order?
Instant Money Order is a web based instant money transfer service offered by India Post between two individuals within India.
2. How fast is the money transfer using Instant Money Order?
Money booked through Instant Money Order can be disbursed within 15 minutes of Booking.
3. How much money can be sent through Instant Money Order?
A minimum of 1,000.00 INR and a maximum of 50,000.00 INR can be sent through Instant Money Order.
4. Is the money paid in cash for Instant Money Order?
You can receive the payment in cash. You can also receive the payment through your post office savings bank account in the same Instant Money Order office.
5. How to book an Instant Money Order?
The Instant Money Order can be booked online using IndiaPost site
Go to Home-- Financial Services-- Instant Money Order and follow the easy 3 step booking process to book your Instant Money Order from the comfort of your home or office.
1. Login with registered User account
2. Provide the Details.
3. Pay online
Thereafter the receipt will be generated and a secret code will be send to you on Mobile Number provided during booking. You have to share this secret Code to the payee to collect the payment.The Transaction number and Money Order number provided on the receipt can be used for further correspondence if required.
6. Is it mandatory to have Postal Savings Bank Account to book an Instant Money Order online?
Yes, you must have a Postal Savings Bank account which should be linked with your registered account on IndiaPost Site to book an Instant Money Order.
7. How does the payee collect money sent by Instant Money Order?
The payee have to collect money from any Instant Money Order post office other than office of booking by providing secret code shared and the money order number along with photo-identity proof. While receiving money the payee will have to fill a simple 'To Make Payment' form.
8. What can be presented as proof of identity?
The payee can prove his /her identity by presenting any of the following photo-identity documents:
(a) Voter's I-Card
(b) PAN Card
(c) Ration Card with photo of receiver
(d) Post Office Identity Card
(e) Driving License
(g) Approved/Recognized Central Government/ State Government/ PSU/Office/College/University ID Card
9. Is Instant Money Order expensive?
Given the instant nature of transmission of money, Instant Money Order tariff is very reasonable.
10. Can I send message along with money through Instant Money Order?
Yes, you can send message along with money through Instant Money Order. You will be provided with the option for message while filling the details and it will be delivered along with the money at no extra cost.
11. What makes Instant Money Order special?
1. It is fast money transfer service from the friendly neighborhood post office. Money can be transferred within 15 minute.
2. It is safe - The money is disbursed only on presentation of the confidential 16-digit Instant Money Order number and proof of identity, ensuring that the money reaches the right person.
3. It is hassle free - Instant Money Order does not involve tedious forms or lengthy procedures. A simple form is to be filled and the money is ready to be transferred.
4. It is reliable - India Post has been handling Savings Schemes and Money Transfer for the last 150 years. It is a name you can trust your money with.
12. Can the money be received only at one given Instant Money Order Centre or any Instant Money Order Centre in India?
The payee can collect payment from any Instant Money Order Centre in India except the post office from where the Instant Money Order was booked. This can be a great boon for business travelers, traders, tourists, students, patients admitted to outstation hospitals, etc. as they need not carry cash and can encash Instant Money Order as per need at whichever location the need arises.
13. Can I cancel my Instant Money Order?
IndiaPost Site provides you the facility to cancel the payment of your Instant Money Order.To Cancel Login with your registered IndiaPost account and Goto: Home-->Financial Services-->Stop Payment.
Instant Money Order can be canceled but only before it has not been delivered to the payee.
14. What if I forgot to print the receipt of my Instant Money Order Booking?
A copy of your receipt will be sent to the email address provided during booking on IndiaPost Site as soon as the booking is confirmed. So that, you can print it whenever required.
15. Is it possible to save the booking addresses for future use?
IndiaPost Site provides you the facility to maintain your Address Book through your registered IndiaPost account.You can save the addresses entered during booking to AddressBook for future use.
16. Where are the Instant Money Order Centres located?
Please click the link for the latest Instant Money Order centres. The location of iMO Centres
17. Is it necessary to regsiter on IndiaPost site to Book an Electronic Money Order?
Yes,It is mandatory to have a registered India Post Account with POSB Net Banking Linked to it to book Instant Money Order Online.
18. Where can I see my Booking Transaction History?
Login to IndiaPost Site with your registered Account and go to My Transaction History
Last Updated:19 Jan 2021