PLI policy is available to following: -
(1) All permanent and temporary employees of Central/State Governments, Universities established by Governments (Centre/State), Gramin Dak Sewaks, Government Aided educational institutions, Nationalized Banks, State Bank of India, Subsidiary Banks of State Bank of India, Financial Institutions notified by Government, Defence personnel (Army, Navy, Air Force), Personnel of para military force including Assam Rifles, ITBPF, CISF, BSF and CRPF etc., Regular employees of Public Sector Undertakings(Centre and State), Regional Rural Banks, Permanent & temporary servants of local bodies paid from “Local Funds” as defined in Fundamental Rule 9 (14).
(2) All permanent and temporary employees of the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, The Medical Council of India, The Dental Council of India, The Nursing council of India, and The Pharmacy Council of India9.
(3) Industrial and Work-charged employees in the Department of Posts and Department of Telecommunications whose pay is regulated under the “Fundamental Rules”.
(4) All permanent and temporary employees of autonomous body established by stipulated rules of Centre/State governments9.
(5) Members of the Defence Services including those holding short service commission, extended service commission and other kinds of non-permanent commissions are also eligible to join the fund.
(6) Employees engaged/appointed on contract basis by Central/State Governments, where contract is extendable.
(7) Employees of Joint Ventures in which Central/ State Governments/ Public Sector Undertakings/ Nationalized Banks have minimum holding of 10 percent.
(8) Members/employees of Credit Cooperative Societies and other cooperative societies registered with Government under the Cooperative Societies Act and partly or fully funded from the Central/State Governments/RBI/SBI/Nationalized Banks/ NABARD, and other such institutions notified by Government.
(9) Employees of Deemed Universities and Educational Institutes accredited by recognized bodies such as National Assessment and Accreditation Council, All India Council of Technical Education, Medical Council of India, etc. and/ or affiliated to Universities/ Boards, etc.
(10) Employees of all Scheduled Commercial Banks.
(11) Employees (teaching/non-teaching staff) of all private educational institutions/schools/colleges etc. affiliated to recognized Boards (recognized by Centre/State Governments) of Secondary/Senior Secondary education i.e. CBSE, ICSE, State Boards, Open Schools, etc.
(12) Professionals such as Doctors (including Doctors pursuing Post Graduate degree courses through any Govt/Private Hospitals, Residents Doctors employed on contract/permanent basis in any Govt/Private Hospitals etc), Engineers (including Engineers pursuing Master’s /Post Graduate degree after having passed GATE entrance test), Management Consultants, Charted Accountants registered with Institute of Charted Accountants of India, Architects, Lawyers registered with Bar Council of India/States, Bankers working in Nationalized Banks and its Associate Banks, Foreign Banks, Regional Rural Banks, Scheduled Commercial Banks including Private Sector Banks etc.
(13) Employees of listed companies of NSE(National Stock Exchange) and Bombay Stock Exchange(BSE) in IT, Banking & Finance, Healthcare/Pharma, Energy/Power, Telecom, Infrastructure Sector etc, where employees are covered for Provident Fund/Gratuity and/or their leave records are maintained by the establishment.
Benefit of Rural PLI is available to all people residing in rural areas.