For increase and decrease font size please press CTRL+,CTRL- respectively..
Please give your feedback on email@example.com
If you have registered under any of the following category, you need to sign-in as registered user
OSA (Outsourcing Agents)
You are here
Help & Support
Help & FAQs
Domestic Mail Booking
International Mail Booking
Electronic Money Order
Instant Money Order
International Money Order
Locate Post Office
Postal Life Insurance
1. What is Franking Machine?
A postal franking machine is a stamping machine intended to stamp impressions of dies of approved design on private and official postal articles in payment of postage and postal fees
2. Who can use Franking Services ?
Any customer having an registered account on IndiaPost site, can use Franking services on IndiaPost Site.Alternatively Franking Services are available at selected Post Offices also.
3. What services are available to the Franking Machine Users?
IndiaPost Site provides various services to the Franking machine users (FMU) through which they can very easily manage there Franking Machine Usage.Services provided at IndiaPost Site is intended to give a personalised Account experience with the service as listed below :-
1. Pay License fee for new/renewal of License
2. Apply for new Franking Machine License
3. Apply for renewal of Franking Machine License
4. Apply for cancellation of License/Franking Machine
5. Apply for change in address of Franking Machine
6. Recharge Franking Machine License
7. View the details of all your Franking Machine License
8. Request to change the Rebate Processing Mode
4. From where can I use Franking Services on IndiaPost Site?
Login to portal with your registered account and Goto Home-->>Business Solutions-->> Franking Services.
All the Franking services will be available to you for use.
5. How can I use Franking Services on IndiaPost Site?
IndiaPost site provides you two possible ways for creating and manageing your account
1. If you are a new Franking Machine User you can register yourself on IndiaPost Site and can then Make a New License Fee Deposit through your registered Account to get your Franking Customer ID
2.If you already posses a valid Franking Customer ID in IndiaPost you can register yourself on IndiaPost Site and can link you Franking customer ID to your registered Account to avail the Franking Services on IndiaPost Site
6. How much money I have to pay to apply for new Franking Machine License ?
The Fee for applying for a New license is 375 INR.
7. How can I apply for a Franking Machine License?
To Apply for a New License you have to deposit fee for New License either at IndiaPost Site by paying online through your registered Account or at Post Office counter, and then raise the license request for your franking Machine. To raise the License request at IndiaPost Site you can login to your registered account and Goto : Home-->>Business Solutions-->> Franking Services -->>Franking Machine License Request
8. What are the different type of Franking Machine Licenses for which I can apply ?
India Post Provides three categories for the Franking machine Licenses
You can apply for Individual and Commercial licenses through you registered account on IndiaPost Site.For Departmental License you have to visit the Post Office Counter
9. What is the activation/validation period for Franking Machine License?
Any Franking machine license is valid for 5 years after date of License generation request. After 5 years License will automatically get expire. To renew your license you have to raise renew request for particular license and pay renewal fee for the same.
10. What if my Franking Machine License has expired ?
When Franking machine license got expired,you have to raise a request for renewal of license.Prior to raising a request for renewal you have to pay the renewal fee for that particular license.India Post site provides you this service just a click away. To raise the request for License renewal and Fee Deposit at IndiaPost site you can login to your registered account and Goto : Home-->>Business Solutions-->> Franking Services
11. What is the renwal fee for the expired License?
Renewal Fee for the expired license is 475 INR
12. When can I renew my Franking Machine license?
You can renew your license anytime before 11 months from date of expiry till license expiry date with renwal fee of 375 INR
13. How can I renew my Franking machine license?
After depositing fee for renewal of your franking machine License you can raise a request for license renewal for that machine.
14. How can I cancel my franking machine license?
You can raise the cancellation request for your franking machine license either from IndiaPost Site Or by visiting Post Office counter.To raise the License cancellation request at IndiaPost Site you can login to your registered account and Goto : Home-->>Business Solutions-->> Franking Services -->>License cancellation request
15. How can I recharge my Franking machine license Online?
India Post Site provides you the facility to recharge your Franking machine by paying online either through your credit/debit card or your POSB Net banking account.To recharge at IndiaPost Site you can login to your registered account and Goto : Home-->>Business Solutions-->> Franking Services -->>Recharge Franking Machine License
16. What is the minimium recharge amount for franking machine license?
You have to make a first recharge of minimum 2000 INR . Afterwards you can make sebsiquent recharges as per your business requirement starting from 1000 INR.
17. What if I want to change my franking machine location?
IndiaPost Site provides you the facility to raise a Address Change request for your franking machine in a very simple way.Login with your registered account and Goto : Home>>Business Solutions>>Franking Services>> Address Change Request
18. Where can I view my Franking Machine License Details?
To view your Franking Machine License Details,you just need to login with your registered account and Goto : Home>>Business Solutions>>Franking Services>>View Franking machine licenses on IndiaPost Site.
19. Can I change the Rebate Processing mode for the License online?
IndiaPost Site provides you the facility to raise a request for changing rebate mode of your franking machine license in a very easy way.You just need to login with your registered account and Goto : Home>>Business Solutions>>Franking Services>> Rebate Processing Instructions
20. Can I use Franking Services without having account on IndiaPost Site?
To use Franking services on IndiaPost Site you should be a registered user of IndiaPost Site.Or you can avail the Franking Facilities by visting the Post Office Counter.However ,Having an Account on IndiaPost site gives you a personalised Experience with the facility of easily managing your Franking Activities as per your comfort from anywhere any time
21. Where can I see my last transactions?
Login to IndiaPost Site with your registered Account and Goto :Home>> My Transaction History to view your Transaction details.
Last Updated:22 Nov 2019