For increase and decrease font size please press CTRL+,CTRL- respectively..
Please give your feedback on email@example.com
If you have registered under any of the following category, you need to sign-in as registered user
OSA (Outsourcing Agents)
You are here
Help & Support
Help & FAQs
Domestic Mail Booking
International Mail Booking
Electronic Money Order
Instant Money Order
International Money Order
Locate Post Office
Postal Life Insurance
Electronic Money Order
1. What is Electronic Money Order (eMO)?
Electronic Money Order is a web based rapid money transfer service offered by India Post between two individuals within India.
2. How fast is the money transfer using Electronic Money Order?
Money booked through Electronic Money Order can be disbursed within 24 hours.
3. How much money can be sent through Electronic Money Order?
A minimum of 1.00 INR and a maximum of 5000.00 INR can be sent through Electronic Money Order.
4. Is the money paid in cash using Electronic Money Order?
Yes,receiver can receive the payment in cash.
5. How can I Book an Electronic Money Order?
Money can be booked either online or from any Electronic Money Order center.To book an Electronic Money Order from IndiaPost Site Goto: Home-->>Financial service-->>Electronic Money Order(EMO) and follow the easy 3 step booking process from anywhere anytime.
1. Login with your registered IndiaPost account
2. Provide the Details.
3. Pay online.
Thereafter the receipt will be generated for your transaction with Transaction ID and Money Order Number which can be used for further correspondence if required.
6. Is it mandatory to have Postal Savings Bank account to book an Electronic Money Order online?
Yes, you must have a Postal Savings Bank account which should be linked with your registered account on IndiaPost Site to book an Electronic Money Order.
7. Can I send Electronic Money Order to multiple people?
Yes, you can add upto 5 recipients in a single Transaction.
8. How does the payee collect money sent by Electronic Money Order?
The payee can receive money at home or can visit the nearest Post Office during priscribed working hours to collect the money.
9. What can be presented as proof of identity by the payee?
The payee can prove his /her identity by presenting any of the following photo-identity documents:
(a) Voter's I-Card
(b) PAN Card
(c) Ration Card with photo of receiver
(d) Post Office Identity Card
(e) Driving License
(g) Approved/Recognized Central Government/ State Government/ PSU/Office/College/University ID Card
10. Is Electronic Money Order expensive?
Electronic Money Order tariff has been kept same as that for ordinary Money Order.
11. Can I send message along with money through Electronic Money Order?
Yes, you can send message along with money through Electronic Money Order. You will be provided with the option for message while filling the details and it will be delivered along with the money at no extra cost.
12. Can I cancel my Electronic Money Order?
IndiaPost Site provides you the facility to cancel the payment of your Electronic Money Order.To Cancel Login with your registered IndiaPost account and Goto: Home-->Financial Services-->Stop Payment.
Electronic Money Order can be canceled but only before it has not been delivered to the payee.
13. Can I track my Electronic Money Order?
Yes, you can easily track your Electronic Money Order using the Money Order Number provided on receipt. To track go to Track Consignment service provided in quick tools on Home Page.
14. What if I forgot to print the receipt of my Electronic Money Order Booking?
A copy of your receipt will be sent to the email address provided during booking on IndiaPost Site as soon as the booking is confirmed. So that, you can print it whenever required.
15. Is it possible to save the booking addresses for future use?
IndiaPost Site provides you the facility to maintain your Address Book through your registered IndiaPost account.You can save the addresses entered during booking to AddressBook for future use.
16. Is it necessary to regsiter on IndiaPost site to Book an Electronic Money Order?
Yes,It is mandatory to have a registered India Post Account with POSB Net Banking Linked to it to book Electronic Money Order Online.
17. Where can I see my Booking Transaction History?
Login to IndiaPost Site with your registered Account and go to My Transaction History
Last Updated:22 Nov 2019